NOTE: This TREMEC TKO-600 5-speed manual transmission has now been upgraded to the all New TREMEC TKX, please see part # TRA-000-361 for more details.
Ford Mustang TREMEC TKO-600, 5-Speed Manual Transmission is a popular drivetrain modification done to the early Mustangs,
California Pony Cars, developed all necessary parts/components to make this an easy DIY installation, while still allowing utilization of the existing OEM emergency brake linkage, speedometer cable, clutch linkage, flywheel, clutch, starter, throw out arm and bushings with no cutting of your car required.
We also offer year correct OEM Shifter handle styles and transmission crossmember mounts that will adapt to the 5-Speed Transmission while still retaining your classic look.
TREMEC TKO-600 5-Speed Manual Transmission Details:
- Extremely lightweight; just 99 lbs. dry!
- Excellent drivability with light shift effort, smooth shift quality
- 600 lb-ft. of torque capacity
- Exceptional fuel savings
- Overdrive in 5th gear provides extended ratio coverage
- Tapered roller bearings on main and countershafts reduce noise and improve durability
- Needle bearing under 1st through 4th gears improve high-speed performance and reduce shift effort
- Advanced synchronizer technology
- Robust 3-rail internal shift mechanism offers firm, positive shifts
- Engineered friction materials for improved durability
- Patented strut-type design for improved durability
- Sliding idler reverse for simple, reliable design
- Internal, single-rail shift system
- 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty
Call for complete kit details (1-888) CAL-PONY / (1-888) 225-7669).
Limited Lifetime Warranty
- The Best Warranty in the Industry -